One effective way to repair your control valve is to replace the valve trim.
Replacing valve trim is a simple and cost-effective option when compared to replacing an entire valve. There are two primary reasons to change your valve trim:
- Your process flow rates have changed so that the original valve trim is no longer sized correctly
- You have worn out the trim in your valve
In this article we’ll explain how to change out the valve trim on Kimray two-inch High Pressure Control Valve.
How to Remove control Valve Trim
- Unthread and remove the adjusting screw.
- Remove the bolts on the coupling block.
- Unthread and remove the four body bolts holding the topworks on.
- Remove the topworks.
- Unthread and remove the stuffing box from the valve body.