Desired Character Qualities: Determination, Diligence, Flexibility, Initiative, Orderliness, Self-control, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Shifts: Day and Night Shifts Available
Job Summary: Machinists are responsible for producing machined parts by setting up and operating a manual machine or a computer numerical control (CNC) machine with 1-4+ axis. Machinists are responsible for maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Ability to operate required machines with minimal assistance
- Problem solving skills.
- Advanced mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge of print reading.
- Knowledge of precision measuring.
- Understanding of 6S concepts.
- Passes level required for math for machinist’s test with at least 85% accuracy.
- Must pass precision measurement test with 90% accuracy.
- Pass Sandvik CoroKey test with at least 85%.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR.
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Patience – Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Education and Experience:
- Vocational or technical training
- High School Diploma or GED desired
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.