Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Attentiveness, Availability, Decisiveness, Determination, Patience, Responsibility, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Programming Technician is responsible for creating and managing the CNC programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Writes CNC programs, creates tool sheets and other supporting documents
- Implements new tooling technologies and selects tooling to machine part per specifications
- Assists with implementing process improvement strategies designed to reduce scrap, cycle time and operating costs
- Develop and implement new tooling technologies
- Maintains all CNC programs and tool sheets
- Works with machine shop supervisors and schedulers on proper use of equipment to help maximize efficiency.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skil
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2 years’ minimum experience in CNC Machining required
- 1 year CNC Programming experience preferred
- Vocational or Technical training in CNC Machining preferred
- CAD/CAM Software (MasterCam/Solidworks) coursework/certification preferred
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management
- Knowledge of mechanical operations
- Understanding of tooling nomenclature
- Knowledge of G-Code programming
- Must have computer and technological skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Technical Learning –Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Process Management – Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Office/Warehouse environment
- Frequent exposure to elevated noise and moving equipment
- Frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions that may affect respiratory system
- Possible exposure to seasonal cold and heat
- Possible skin exposure to oils, greases, adhesives, paints, and other chemicals
- Oils: there is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids.
- PPE required in specific areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.