Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Availability, Dependability, Decisiveness, Determination, Thoroughness, Truthfulness, Loyalty
Job Summary: Investigates, plans and implements improvements to current products and manufacturing processes that directly affect safety, quality, and productivity with the result of producing a quality product, more efficiently.
Essential Job Functions:
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests
- Identifies root cause of problems and delays/expedites corrective actions
- Reduces operational risk through formalized analysis methods such as FMEA/FMECA and risk management
- Defines and implements strategies to support lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement
- Reviews customer specifications and establishes inspection and test plans accordingly to meet those requirements
- Simplifies the quality process (ITPs, NDE/NDTs, AVL qualification, etc.) and qualifies additional specialty service providers
- Evaluates supplier process capabilities and areas for improvement
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience developing/managing mature quality systems for industries such as automotive, aerospace or top-tier oilfield manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of RCFA & FMEA/FMECA methods to identify root causes of problems and identify process and design improvements to further drive quality assurance
- Greenbelt/Blackbelt, CQE, ASQ, ISO and API auditor certifications preferred
- Knowledge of RCFA & FMEA/FMECA methods preferred
- CMM programming/operation preferred
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated PC proficiency
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Ability to travel
- Functional/Technical Skills– Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Standing Alone – Will stand up and be counted; doesn’t shirk personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Listening– Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, mechanical engineering technology
- Office/Warehouse Environment -PPE required in specific areas
- Limited exposure to elevated noise and moving equipment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Some travel required
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.