Desired Character Qualities: Discretion, Flexibility, Initiative, Loyalty, Orderliness, Responsibility, Sincerity, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant will support one or more of Kimray’s Vice Presidents by performing administrative duties which may include screening calls, managing calendars and making travel arrangements. Additionally, responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of on and off-campus company events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external parties
- Responsible for multiple email accounts, requiring a high level of organization and emphasizing importance of various communications
- Reviews and summarizes miscellaneous reports and documents
- Prepares background documents and outgoing mail as necessary
- Represents the EVP in various meetings and events
- Continually strives to gain insight and understanding into the organization’s business and internal processes
- Prepares agendas for meetings and take notes to summarize points; follows up on items brought up in the meeting
- Greets visitors and facilitates their needs accordingly
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and personal information
- Submits monthly expense reports
- Organizes various departmental meetings and corporate events
- Plans and manages all logistics of company events including venue, guests, program and catering
- Manages event budgets and expenses
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting at the executive level preferred
- Experience managing corporate events required
- Advanced calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
- Experience with expense reports
- Ability to gather information from multiple sources
- Astute business acumen
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Planning– Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Comfort Around Higher Management – Can deal comfortably with more senior managers; can present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness; understands how senior managers think and work; can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs; can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Approachability– Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.