Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Availability, Dependability, Determination, Diligence, Honor, Responsibility, Thoroughness
Job Summary: Responsible for developing and maintaining internal and external web applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, builds, and maintains web applications and services
- Develops or validates tests and schedules to ensure compatibility with all browser and device types
- Directs and/or performs Website updates
- Confers with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, and/or choose solutions
- Maintains an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups
- Manages full software development lifecycle with agile tools that support change management, source control etc.
- Identifies problems uncovered by customer feedback by testing, correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel
- Evaluates code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, properly structured, and compatible with browsers, devices, and operating systems
- Determines user needs by analyzing technical requirements
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ Years’ experience in web development required
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in programming web sites and applications required
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology required
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server database design and T-SQL required
- Experience with distributed software version control systems such as Git required
- High degree of independent judgment and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Possess good organizational and time management skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.