Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Determination, Flexibility, Initiative, Punctuality, Self-control, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Shift: 3rd Shift
Job Summary: The Assembler is responsible for assembling product on line by following specific instructions for individual process steps.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build product on assembly line.
- Build sub-assemblies and finished product from various parts, by using tools and reading instructions.
- Perform all functions on assembly line.
- Perform quality and function checks on all final products.
- Meet or exceed certification requirements for position.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.Report all unsafe activities to Trainer, Lead, or Supervisor.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform housekeeping duties.
- Must be proficient with verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to details skills.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Must have analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to operate Computers, Printers, CTS Tester, Scales, Hoists.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma preferred
- 1 year experience with Kimray products preferred
- Shop Floor – conditions and temperature may vary
- Oils: There is skin exposure to oils, greases, adhesives, paints, and other chemicals.
- Atmospheric Conditions: Conditions that affect the respiratory system, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- Noise Level: Loud, manufacturing floor, large moving equipment
- PPE required in specific areas
- Standing, walking continuously
- Talking, hearing, listening
- Use of hands to handle and feel objects
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 75lbs
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.