Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Decisiveness, Dependability, Discretion, Loyalty, Orderliness, Patience, Truthfulness
Job Summary: Lead, support, and supervise direct reports to meet production and quality objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises and coaches’ employees regarding their performance
- Plans organizational structure and job content
- Performs employee evaluations and recognitions
- Maintains employee and departmental records and reports
- Provides support to all Leads, Trainers, and employees
- Conducts monthly character, safety, and quality trainings
- Works with internal customers to solve product problems
- Trains employees on all process changes, quality, and safety alerts
- Supervises and supports production to meet customer demand
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team members
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2 years’ experience in previous leadership positions
- Working knowledge of Excel, Infor/XA, AS400, and Adaptive
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to lead others and manage daily work schedules
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must be able to manage conflict and personnel matters
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Confronting Direct Reports – Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Managing Diversity– Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Listening– Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- Assembly Trainer
- Assembly Lead
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Warehouse environment
- Consistent exposure to oils or other cutting fluids
- Proximity to large moving equipment
- PPE required in designated areas
- Sitting, standing, walking continuously
- Repetitive use of hands
- Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling
- Lifting up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.