Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Availability, Dependability, Decisiveness, Determination, Thoroughness, Truthfulness, Loyalty
Job Summary: Quality Technician investigates and resolves customer concerns, investigates and resolves various manufacturing quality issues, coordinates rework activities, and coordinates product trial-builds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs rejected repairs for Assembly, Manufacturing, and Tool Cribs
- Investigates part-quality issues and perform appropriate containments
- Performs sorts, inspections, tests, and reworks as assigned
- Coordinates calibration requirements for Quality-managed measuring devices
- Performs pilot-builds as required
- Performs follow-up activities for audit and customer concern (CAR's)
- Develops work instructions and other quality documentation
- Performs management system document control duties
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1 year experience in manufacturing or assembly preferred
- 2 years’ experience in Quality related field required
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have intermediate computer and technological skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Standing Alone – Will stand up and be counted; doesn’t shirk personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Office/Manufacturing environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Exposure to seasonal cold and heat
- Incidental proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical currents, oils and chemicals
- Moderate exposures to fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- Stooping, kneeling, bending, pushing, pulling, crouching, or crawling
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.