Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Cautiousness, Decisiveness, Flexibility, Orderliness, Persuasiveness, Responsibility, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Forecasting Analyst is responsible to support the development of an actionable Production Plan using the forecasting software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Studies and identifies solutions to manufacturing forecasting issues
- Analyzes/resolves issues using a variety of tools and data sources
- Analyze trends in the market and makes recommendations to upper management
- Collects data from sales/marketing groups and integrates information with manufacturing to determine production needs
- Compiles all data to project sales for future months/quarter
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of MAPICS/MRP preferred
- Understanding of supply chain concepts preferred
- Capable of learning Technical-Basic SQL to read and write queries
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Communicate ideas and concepts effectively in both verbal and written form
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Decision Quality– Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Organizing– Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Planning– Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Negotiating– Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematical or Computer Programming preferred
- Office environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.