Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Truthfulness, Boldness, Persuasiveness, Determination, Initiative, Creativity, Thoroughness
Job Summary: Develops and delivers training programs educating team members on workplace safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides revisions to HSE Training material ensuring compliance with company, local, state and federal rules and regulations
- Performs HSE team member trainings – monthly, annually and as needed
- Performs incident investigations and hazard risk assessments for production areas; drafts root cause determinations and establishes corrective action items
- Creates HSE Alerts (signage) for campus distribution
- Conducts Job Safety Analysis for various projects including on-site contractors working on Kimray property and/or equipment
- Drafts and updates Hazard Risk Assessments and HSE policies in support of HSE functions
- Verifies and maintains safety data sheets and hazardous communication compliance
- Conducts routine audits/inspections of fire extinguishers, first aid kits, eye wash stations, etc.
- Maintains safety signage and safety metric communications throughout campus
- Maintains personal protective equipment (PPE) program information and materials
- Calibrates gas four stage monitors and performs routine checks
- Leads safety committee meetings and works with committee members to conduct area inspections
- Maintains Hazardous, Nonhazardous and universal wastes at HQ location
- Works inter-departmentally to maintain compliance with HSE for all Kimray team members, property and equipment
- Assists with HSE departmental recordkeeping
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2 - 4 years' experience in HSE or similar area required
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Professional Certifications preferred – CSHO, OHST, GSP, ASP, OSHA 501 & 511
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, i.e. OSHA, EPA, DEQ, ANSI, ISO related to key areas of responsibility
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Strong attention to detail required
- Possess good organizational and project management skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have computer and technological skills
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Presentation Skills – Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on- one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Approachability– Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Composure– Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor of Science in Safety or similar Degree preferred
- Office/Manufacturing Environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.