Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Boldness, Decisiveness, Discretion, Flexibility, Loyalty, Truthfulness, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Warehouse Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for all warehouse operational activities which include shipping, receiving, packaging, and material handling.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all campus shipping and receiving activities
- Manages operational and capex budgets
- Responsible for material movement from receiving dock to designated areas
- Ensures all containers used in production are inventoried for and in working order, including repairing, and scraping of damaged containers
- Oversees all boxing, crating, and packaging processes
- Ensures that all processes are in compliance with API and ISO Standards
- Implements and monitors all continuous improvement projects
- Provides weekly reports to Vice President of Supply Chain and leadership as requested
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5 years’ experience required in Management and Warehouse Operations
- Working knowledge of Receiving, Packaging, Material Handling, Inventory Management, Order Management and Shipping processes
- Previous supervisory, leadership or management experience required
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have proficient computer and technological skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Confronting Direct Reports – Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Managing Diversity– Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Listening– Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Shipping Supervisor
- Packaging Supervisor
- High School Diploma required
- Technical School training preferred
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Office/Warehouse environment
- Limited exposure to atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system
- PPE required in specific areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.