Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Decisiveness, Dependability, Discretion, Loyalty, Orderliness, Patience, Truthfulness
Job Summary: The CNC Programming Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of programming, tooling, and document control for all programs and tool sheets for the machine shop.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages departmental projects to include cycle time reduction, new tooling implementation and process improvements
- Coordinates training and development for programming team
- Collaborates with external tooling representatives on tooling and machining processes
- Works with tool crib on managing tooling inventory through monitoring tool utilization and consumption
- Coordinates special tools, engineering tools, testing tools, and special tools projects
- Oversees support applications, including Tool Sheet Builder, Zoller, Mastercam, Speroni, SmartSheet, and EAM
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years’ experience in related field preferred
- Mechanical experience and/or background required
- Working knowledge of GD&T and ability to interpret engineering drawings and prints required
- Possess basic electrical abilities using meters preferred
- Experience with Tool Sheet Builder, Zoller, Mastercam, Speroni, SmartSheet, and EAM preferred
- Working knowledge of material properties preferred
- Ability to operate Pallet Jacks, Hand Trucks and CNC Machines
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have basic computer and technological skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Confronting Direct Reports – Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Managing Diversity– Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure– Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Listening– Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Office/Warehouse environment
- Frequent exposure to elevated noise and moving equipment
- Frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system
- Frequently required to work in crawl spaces, and shafts
- PPE required in specific areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.