Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Boldness, Decisiveness, Discretion, Flexibility, Loyalty, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing new corporate business opportunities. Responsible for the development and implementation of account specific business planning; achieving account profitability and sales targets.
Business Development Manager shall reside in the Midland / Odessa, Texas area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies and communicates sales opportunities to the Regional Manager
- Executes established processes around weekly goals, patterns, and benchmarks for Business Development team
- Expertly qualifies inbound inquiries and proactively prospects into target accounts
- Meets/exceeds required quota of qualified sales leads
- Works closely with Marketing and Product Applications team to produce marketing materials
- Possess knowledge of products, competitive markets, category management, brands, customers’ issues, and internal business needs
- Coordinates with field teams to coordinate customer activities across store and distributor boundaries.
- Build relationships at all levels through corporate customer organizations
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ industry experience and/or sales capacity; or completion of the KSS Training Program required
- Experience with national account sales and/or large account penetration, negotiation, and maintenance techniques required
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and team building skills and techniques required
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to interface and demonstrate leadership both internally and externally
- Time management skills, ability to respond, sense of urgency, and ability to prioritize efforts preferred
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others – Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Office environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
- 80% Daily Travel
- 10% Overnight Travel
Safety Sensitive Position: Yes
This position performs tasks or duties that could affect the health or safety of Kimray employees or other individuals and has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.