Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Decisiveness, Dependability, Discretion, Loyalty, Orderliness, Patience, Truthfulness
Job Summary: Provides leadership in the development and stabilization of manufacturing processes by leading the design and introduction of new technology or improved manufacturing processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads manufacturing in efforts towards improving and maintaining product quality, cost, and on-time delivery
- Conducts and leads investigations and trials to provide engineering solutions to manufacturing problems based on findings, data analysis, and trial results
- Serves as project leader to propose, develop, plan, implement, execute, deliver, train and close out assigned projects
- Develops, evaluates, and improves industrial manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, material and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Communicates manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes
- Confers with vendors in order to determine specifications of products and arrange equipment, material purchase and parts
- Evaluates products based on specifications and quality standards
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 10 years working knowledge of metal removal manufacturing processes, including CNC required
- 2 years Project Management experience preferred
- 2 years’ experience in designing, selecting and procuring of tooling, jigs, fixtures, mechanical assemblies, gaging, and test equipment preferred
- 2 years’ experience in setting and managing a budget and generating project justifications with ROI’s preferred
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office applications
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Confronting Direct Reports – Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Managing Diversity – Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required
- Office/Warehouse Environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
Safety Sensitive Position:
This position performs tasks or duties that could affect the health or safety of Kimray employees or other individuals and has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
- As needed
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.