Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Attentiveness, Creativity, Flexibility, Diligence, Dependability, Punctuality, Truthfulness
Job Summary: Provides support to the operations and manufacturing areas ensuring waste removal and machine maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs preventative and reactive maintenance on the chip removal and coolant processes within the machine shop and paint booth
- Performs preventative maintenance on all production equipment
- Performs coolant and sump sludge waste removal and replenishment
- Removes and replaces chip waste disposal and bins
- Retains parts maintenance schedules and records
- Operate CNC machines, in a limited capacity, when performing maintenance
- Performs coolant and soap percentage to water testing
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3 years of experience preferred
- Mechanical experience and/or background preferred
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Warehouse environment with elevated noise and moving equipment
- Exposure to seasonal cold and heat
- Frequent exposure to oscillating movement of extremities or whole body, proximity to mechanical parts, moving vehicles and electrical currents
- Consistent skin exposure to oils, greases, adhesives, paints, and other chemicals
- Continuous exposure to atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system
- Frequently required to work in crawl spaces, shafts, and other enclosed areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Continuous standing, walking, reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 75 lbs.
Safety Sensitive Position:
This position performs tasks or duties that could affect the health or safety of Kimray employees or other individuals and has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.