Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Availability, Dependability, Discretion, Initiative, Persuasiveness, Truthfulness, Wisdom
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing new corporate business opportunities. Responsible for the development and implementation of account specific business planning; achieving account profitability and sales targets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies and communicates sales opportunities to the Regional Manager
- Executes established processes around weekly goals, patterns, and benchmarks for Business Development team
- Expertly qualifies inbound inquiries and proactively prospects into target accounts
- Meets/exceeds required quota of qualified sales leads
- Works closely with Marketing and Product Applications team to produce marketing materials
- Possess knowledge of products, competitive markets, category management, brands, customers’ issues, and internal business needs
- Coordinates with field teams to coordinate customer activities across store and distributor boundaries.
- Build relationships at all levels through corporate customer organizations.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ industry experience and/or sales capacity; or completion of the KSS Training Program required
- Experience with national account sales and/or large account penetration, negotiation, and maintenance techniques required
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and team building skills and techniques required
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to interface and demonstrate leadership both internally and externally
- Time management skills, ability to respond, sense of urgency, and ability to prioritize efforts preferred
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Presentation Skills – Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on- one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Comfort Around Higher Management – Can deal comfortably with more senior managers; can present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness; understands how senior managers think and work; can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs; can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Strategic Agility – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Office environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
- 80% Daily Travel
- 10% Overnight Travel
Safety Sensitive Position:
This position performs tasks or duties that could affect the health or safety of Kimray employees or other individuals and has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.