Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Dependability, Diligence, Flexibility, Initiative, Obedience, Punctuality, Responsibility
JobSummary: Responsible for monitoring the merchandise leaving the Distribution Center (DC) Shipping area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews daily DC shipping requirements
- Pulls, packs, loads, labels and ships customer orders
- Performs quality checks throughout the packaging process
- Handles incoming shipments, loads/unloads trucks, and processes items into inventory
- Restocks boxes and miscellaneous shipping items as needed
- Performs daily pre-operational forklift checklist
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 months experience in related field preferred
- Forklift and Pallet Jack Certification preferred
- Ability to operate Scales, Computers, Hoists, Printers, Scissor lifts, Hand trucks, Wrap machines, Forklift, and Pallet Jack
- Must be capable of basic mathematical equations and conversions for weight, measurements, and volume
- Must have computer and technological skills
- Must be proficient with verbal and written communication skills
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Patience – Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Warehouse – PPE required in specific areas
- Consistent proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical currents, oils and chemicals
- Consistent exposure to fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- Extreme temperatures for more than an hour possible
- Consistently elevated noise levels in work area
- Continuous walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.