Desired Character Qualities: Flexibility, Orderliness, Resourcefulness, Thoroughness, and Creativity.
Job Summary: The Controls Engineer is responsible for supervising the automation controls aspect of durable goods manufacturing. This includes machine tool robotic integration, automated storage and retrieval systems, automated conveyor, integrated PLC controlled systems, CNC controllers/drivers and programming and maintenance of automated systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot, repair, program and integrate advanced PLC systems
- Develop, design, analyze and repair mechanical systems, equipment and/or parts
- Troubleshoot, repair, program and maintain automated conveyor/materials handling, switching systems
- Expert interpretation of industrial electrical schematics
- Maintain, repair and implementation of complex electrical control systems
- Industrial network setup, maintenance and management
- Assess designs for compliance with quality standards and safety requirements
- Interact with Product Managers, Contractors, Engineers, and Manufacturing Professionals on diverse projects
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 10+ years’ experience in Industrial Electronics implementation, troubleshooting and repair
- Advanced Manufacturing Vocational Training
- Certified Cisco/Rockwell Operational Industrial Networks
- Certifications for Robotics Programming, Simulation Software, Controller Operations, Programmable Logic Controllers and IR vision systems
- Knowledge of CNC machine operations, programming and robotic programming
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have strong computer and technological
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Confronting Direct Reports – Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Managing Diversity – Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline and/or 10 years’ experience in Industrial Electronics Automation
- Office, manufacturing and warehouse environment with overhead storage and elevated noise
- Proximity to large moving equipment, mechanical parts, forklift traffic
- Potential skin exposure to oils and other chemicals
- Potential exposure to oscillating movement of extremities or whole body, proximity to moving vehicles, electrical currents, working on scaffolding/high places
- Frequently required to work in crawl spaces and shafts
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.