Desired Character Qualities: Availability, Creativity, Decisiveness, Dependability, Determination, Flexibility, Persuasiveness, Responsibility
Job Summary: Responsible for creation and implementation of multiple forms of communication activities and programs within Kimray. Create strategies and produce content to help align organizational goals with the engagement of employees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Emphasizes culture, mission, vision, values and brand to employees through appropriate channels
- Reflects community and culture through multiple media channels, delivers company business priorities through effective written and oral communication and promotional activities
- Works collaboratively with personnel from other departments to strategize and execute departmental communication or corporate objectives
- Generates story ideas, writes content, and manages deadlines for the monthly newsletter
- Proofreads and submits recommended changes to internal communications, including letters, memos, emails, etc.
- Documents and archives company history and employee activity
- Completes applications, applies and maintains records for industry and community awards
- Works with the external public relations firm to generate press releases and communication strategies
- Identifies opportunities for the effective use of corporate meetings, video, electronic media and print publications, and facilitates their production
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in related field
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have advanced computer and technological skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Possess good organizational and time management skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Creativity – Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when thigs are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Some travel may be required
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.