Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Boldness, Decisiveness, Discretion, Flexibility, Loyalty, Truthfulness, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Applications Manager is responsible for managing the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of all IT business software applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with IT management and Steering Committee to identify and complete strategic goals and projects
- Manages and reports status of projects to IT and Executive management as well as project stakeholders
- Identifies and recommends solutions to road blocks that impede I.T. project completion or availability
- Manages the release process for applications end user communication
- Assists with the preparation of budgets for IT systems and service-related interfaces and applications
- Keeps abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends in the area of application integration in the manufacturing industry
- Develops relevant metrics, measures and publishes the performance of the services provided and enables continuous improvement activities in collaborations with peer groups
- Supports application team in resolving issues and developing software solutions
- Manages and provides leadership to applications team members, providing accountability and motivation to meet departmental objectives
- Measures team performance, against established targets, and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 8+ years’ experience in Management/Leadership roles in a related field and/or combination of education and leadership experience
- Experience managing the full software development lifecycle required
- Experience with ERP software such as Infor’s XA preferred
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of business application development in C#, .Net, SQL
- Experience in a variety of data integration technologies, ETL, Flat files, XML, etc.
- Must have advanced computer and technological skills, including programming multiple languages, relational databases, and operating systems
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Possess good organizational and time management skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others – Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Software Developer ERP Technical Developer Technical Writer Business Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.