Desired Character Qualities: Determination, Diligence, Flexibility, Initiative, Orderliness, Self-control, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Job Summary: A Machine Operator is responsible for producing machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) or manual machine with a minimum of 1-2 axes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs standard part checks
- Observes machine processes; takes measurements; detects malfunctions; troubleshoots processes and replaces worn tools
- Reviews and adheres to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 6 months experience preferred
- Must pass level appropriate Math for Machinists test with 85% accuracy
- Proficient with basic machinist math skills
- Basic machine operator training preferred
- Capable of reading blueprints
- Capable of using precision measuring tools
- Understanding of 6S concepts
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Patience – Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Manufacturing environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Exposure to seasonal cold and heat
- Frequent exposure to oscillating movement of extremities or whole body, proximity to mechanical parts, moving vehicles and electrical currents
- Consistent skin exposure to oils, greases, adhesives, paints, and other chemicals
- Continuous exposure to atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.