Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Truthfulness, Boldness, Persuasiveness, Determination, Initiative, Creativity, Thoroughness
Job Summary: Develops and delivers training programs educating team members on workplace safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates and revises HSE policies, as required, ensuring compliance with company, local, state and federal requirements
- Maintains ISO Certification documents
- Creates and updates internal technical standard operating procedure documentation
- Performs internal management system maintenance
- Routinely leads HSE trainings and support in all HSE functions
- Performs HSE employee trainings – monthly, annually and as needed
- Serves as subject matter expert assisting HSE Technician and Coordinator on routine day-to-day tasks
- Performs incident investigations and drafts root cause determinations
- Performs Job Safety Analyses for various projects
- Performs Hazard Risk Assessments for production areas
- Leads safety committee meetings and works with committee members to conduct area inspections
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in HSE or similar area required
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment or equivalent preferred
- Professional Certifications preferred – CSHO, OHST, ASP, OSHA 501 & 511
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, i.e. OSHA, EPA, DEQ, ANSI, ISO related to key areas of responsibility
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Strong attention to detail required
- Possess good organizational and project management skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have computer and technological skills
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Presentation Skills – Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on- one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor of Science in Safety or similar Degree required
- Master of Science, Safety or related field preferred
- Office/Manufacturing Environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.