Desired Character Qualities: Decisiveness, Dependability, Flexibility, Orderliness, Punctuality, Patience, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Job Summary: The Service Technician is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the sales locations. Able to assist with customer service, inside sales, inventory, and warehouse functions, shop repairs, package build-ups, field service work, and miscellaneous maintenance work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs valve conversions, valve repairs, field repairs, package assembly and product troubleshooting
- Ensures accurate inventory record keeping
- Engages in continuous improvement projects, training classes, and coaching sessions
- Learns and follows instructions on all product repairs
- Performs shop organization, facility maintenance and lawn care – as needed
- Performs shipping and receiving duties for vendors and customers
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ Oil & Gas industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of oil and gas production equipment practices preferred
- Ability to learn Kimray product applications, product rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Able to prioritize activities
- Ability to operate computers, hand trucks, and forklifts
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills– Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Organizing– Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Patience – Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma preferred
- Office/Warehouse/Field environments – PPE required in specific areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs
- Local driving for extended periods of time
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.