Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Availability, Dependability, Determination, Diligence, Honor, Responsibility, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Systems Administrator will keep current systems up to date, and identify and implement new technologies to benefit the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains the uptime of the Kimray server/computer systems
- Verifies that procedures and processes for all server backups and recovery systems are functioning properly
- Provides administration support for servers, storage systems (SAN), VMWare environment, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, antivirus, asset management, and miscellaneous business support systems
- Provides user level support for desktops, laptops, software, and devices
- Applies security patching and software updates per regular maintenance schedule
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and connectivity issues
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience required
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate and Comp TIA certifications preferred
- Configuring and deploying new laptops, servers, appliances, software, and devices
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have intermediate computer and technological skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills-Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Learning on the Fly- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Time Management- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Priority Setting-Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Action Oriented- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Approachability- Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Listening- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.