Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Creativity, Decisiveness, Diligence, Discernment, Endurance, Initiative, Responsibility
Job Summary: Maintains the scheduling and testing for the engineering lab.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports other engineering areas by performing prescribed testing of products, materials or processes
- Designs, builds and or contracts test fixtures and apparatuses for the qualification of products and components
- Oversees the operation and schedule for 3D printing equipment and resources – supporting engineering and manufacturing
- Assists team members using the engineering lab to ensure safe and proper equipment usage
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5 years minimum experience
- Working knowledge of Cad Software (Solidworks) and PLC programming preferred
- Lean Six Sigma training preferred
- Intermediate computer skills
- Basic use of manual machining equipment (lathe, mill, drill press, etc.)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing technologies
- Capable of solving highly varied, complex, non-recurring problems
- Must have analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills– Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge– like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Intellectual Horsepower – Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Creativity– Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Organizational Agility– Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Office/Lab Environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Occasional exposure to loud equipment
- Exposure to pressurized or other energized equipment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.