Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Boldness, Decisiveness, Discretion, Flexibility, Loyalty, Truthfulness, Thoroughness
Job Summary: Works with customers to identify needs and determine workable solutions using a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures. Ensures customer retention and satisfaction by proactively providing solutions which resolve complaints and bridge communication gaps.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively initiates sales calls with existing and potential customers
- Conducts catalog and other product trainings
- Performs field repair services (as required)
- Provides technical support to current and prospective customers
- Reports all activities to sales coordinators for input into CRM
- Researches available market/customer data to plan routing and set objectives
- Attends customer events, industry events and trade shows
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ previous sales experience or completion of the KSS training program
- Advance knowledge of Kimray products and general applications
- Knowledge of valve sizing for application to customer product
- Familiarity with a variety of Upstream & Midstream field concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Proficient computer and technological skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Patience – Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Office environment
- Field environment which may result in exposure to elevated noises, moving parts, electrical currents and chemicals
- PPE required in specific areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Sitting, bending, stretching, pulling, pushing, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Driving for extended periods of time – 75% of day
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.