Desired Character Qualities: Decisiveness, Discernment, Humility, Loyalty, Persuasiveness, Truthfulness, Virtue, Wisdom
Job Summary: Responsible for providing leadership, development, and delivery of training programs that meet the needs of the employees and the organization. This position is also responsible for providing communication strategies in the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies strategies, programs, and initiatives that align with strategic objectives and training needs across the organization
- Manages the overall communication strategies that support the needs in the organization
- Identify organizational development needs for the organization
- Manages departmental budget and financial projections
- Manages contracts and vendors for both training and communication departments
- Assists in the direction of the LMS to support organization strategic objectives
- Reinforce organizational culture through training and communication programs and stratagies
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5-8 years’ experience in related field
- Leadership Architecture Certification preferred
- Organizational Development Certification preferred
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have advanced computer and technological skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- Decision Quality- Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Strategic Agility- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Directing Others- Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Conflict Management- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Confronting Direct Reports- Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Building Effective Teams- Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Composure-Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Communication Manager Training and Development Manager
- Bachelors’ Degree required
- Masters’ Degree preferred
- Office environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.