Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Creativity, Flexibility, Determination, Decisiveness, Thoroughness, Truthfulness, Wisdom
Job Summary: Provides engineering support by solving problems in manufacturing and associated processes. Investigates new ways to better utilize employees, equipment and other assets to improve operational efficiency, product quality, on-time delivery, cost effectiveness and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches, designs, develops, tests and modifies manufacturing processes for the best-in-class production of Kimray products
- Conducts investigations and trials to provide engineering solutions to manufacturing problems based on findings, data analysis, and trial results
- Serves as interdepartmental Project Manager in developing, proposing, planning, implementing, executing, delivering, closing and communicating data driven decisions
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Incorporates product requirements into the design, implementation and sustainment of manufacturing processes
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with API and OSHA regulations
- Evaluates equipment and process vendors
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years’ experience in an Engineering position preferred
- Intermediate CAD/CAM, computer and MS Office knowledge and skills
- Project Management experience a plus
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including CNC processes, robotics, assembly and testing preferred
- Experience in CNC machining and automation processes preferred
- Understanding and demonstrated use of Lean Manufacturing concepts (i.e. valve stream mapping, single piece flow, 5S)
- Ability to analyze data, reach conclusions and provide recommendations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills– Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Intellectual Horsepower – Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Creativity– Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Total Work Systems (e.g.,TQM/ISO/SIX SIGMA) – Is dedicated to providing organization or enterprise-wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes; seeks to reduce variances in organization processes; delivers the highest- quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; leverages technology to positively impact quality; is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Listening– Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited school or 15 years’ experience in an engineering position
- Office/Manufacturing environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Incidental proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical currents, oils and chemicals
- Moderate exposure to fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling
- Repetitive use of hands
- Extended standing or walking for extended periods
- Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Required as needed
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.