Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Creativity, Flexibility, Determination, Decisiveness, Thoroughness, Truthfulness, Wisdom
Job Summary: Provides engineering support for the ISO manufacturing environment by leading the design and introduction of new or improved manufacturing processes. The main function is to support manufacturing in efforts towards continuous improvement of product quality, cost, and on-time delivery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, develops, or specifies lean manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment including conferring with equipment vendors
- Evaluates, creates, or modifies existing engineering specifications and procedures
- Conducts and leads investigations and trials to provide engineering solutions to manufacturing problems based on findings, data analysis, and trial results
- Serves as project manager to propose, develop, plan, implement, execute, deliver, and close out assigned projects
- Communicates and collaborates interdepartmentally to reach data-driven decisions
- Incorporates engineering specifications into the design and implementation of processes
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Implements reliable solutions that achieve specified quality levels, improves manufacturing process costs, reduces cycle times and eliminates waste
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 10+ years’ experience in Engineering position required
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including CNC, robotics, assembly and automation preferred
- Understanding and demonstrated use of Lean Manufacturing concepts (i.e. value stream mapping, single piece flow, 5S)
- Project Management experience preferred
- Must be familiar with Lean or Six Sigma Principles
- Intermediate working knowledge of CAD/CAM (Mastercam or similar) preferred
- Intermediate working knowledge of drafting software (Solidworks or similar) preferred
- Ability to statistically analyze data, reach conclusions and provide recommendations
- Knowledge of Time and Motions study techniques and Standard Work principles
- Knowledge of Quality Systems (QS/ISO/TS or similar)
- Knowledge of GD&T and able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office applications
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills– Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Intellectual Horsepower – Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Creativity– Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Total Work Systems (e.g.,TQM/ISO/SIX SIGMA) – Is dedicated to providing organization or enterprise-wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes; seeks to reduce variances in organization processes; delivers the highest- quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; leverages technology to positively impact quality; is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Listening– Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Office/Warehouse Environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Extreme temperatures for more than an hour possible
- Consistently elevated noise levels in work area
- Continuous proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical currents, oils and chemicals
- Continuous exposure to fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- As needed
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.