Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Availability, Creativity, Discretion, Enthusiasm, Persuasiveness, Thoroughness, Tolerance
Job Summary: Creates classroom and field training materials for team members covering upstream and midstream applications as they relate to processes in the energy industry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assesses the training needs of individual employees, as well as departmental and functional training gaps
- Coordinates with ODT to develop training materials to fit different need levels (Inside Sales, Account Managers, Business Development Managers, Product Managers and Customer Service)
- Leads training projects for new hires and veteran team members
- Evaluates and updates training programs and materials as needed
- Manages the delivery of training programs
- Creates and evaluates survey data to determine effectiveness of training
- Teaches train-the-trainer methods to designate(s)
- Works with Safety department to increase targeted well site safety training for team members
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years' experience required , 6-10 years’ experience preferred in Upstream Production Applications and/or Kimray Controls
- Must have ability to provide training evaluations
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage projects
- Must have proficient computer and technological skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Creativity– Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Presentation Skills – Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on- one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Office/Field environment
- Limited exposure to oils or other cutting fluids
- Limited exposure to fluctuating temperatures for extended periods of time
- Limited exposure to large moving equipment, elevated noises, oscillating machines, moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, chemicals and elevated surfaces
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Some travel required
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.