Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Determination, Diligence, Flexibility, Orderliness, Punctuality, Responsibility, Thoroughness
Job Summary: Responsible for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting all components of the power distribution system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of the power distribution systems or their components including conduits, raceway, conductors, motors and motor controlling equipment, disconnects, fuses, panel boards, breakers, receptacles, junction boxes, etc.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of the low voltage systems, electrical systems and their components including low voltage cables, hangers, punch blocks, patch panels, fire/burglar/access hardware, surveillance cameras, power injectors, and alarms
- *May require availability during off-shift hours in response to emergency situations*
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 4+ years’ experience preferred
- Electrical Journeyman License required
- Must be familiar with equipment operation
- Ability to read prints, select proper selection and application of materials
- Ability to operate forklifts, pallet jacks, hoists, and scissor lifts
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Vocational or technical training preferred
- Outdoor Environment
- Limited exposure to extreme temperatures
- Potential for proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, scaffolding/high places, chemicals, oils, cutting fluids, fumes, odors, dusts, mists and gases
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
Safety Sensitive Position:
This position performs tasks or duties that could affect the health or safety of Kimray employees or other individuals and has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.