Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Boldness, Decisiveness, Discretion, Flexibility, Loyalty, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Job Summary: Manages a team responsible for the design and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, or plants. Responsible for budgeting, planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. Ensures continuous improvement in process, cost, quality, and efficiency. Responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines making any necessary adjustments to ensure successful completion. Resolves engineering or operational issues requiring excellent communication skills and coordination with other departments.
Essential Job Functions:
• Researches, designs, develops, tests, and modifies manufacturing processes for the best-in-class production of Kimray products
• Ensures that investigations and trials performed by team provide engineering solutions to manufacturing problems based on findings, data analysis, and trial results
• Ensures that the team manages their projects in developing, proposing, planning, implementing, executing, delivering, closing, and communicating data driven decisions
• Manages staff to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
• Oversees to assure product/print/standards requirements are incorporated into the design, implementation, and sustainment of manufacturing processes
• Coordinate with leadership throughout the company to discuss project specification and procedures to ensure that project plans and goal are aligning
• Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects and resources
• Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department
• Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of equipment or services. This will include contracts for outsourcing of work.
• Travel as needed to evaluate equipment and process vendors
• Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
• Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
• Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 6+ years’ experience in an Engineering position
• Intermediate CAD/CAM, computer and MS Office knowledge and skills
• Project Management experience a plus
• Expertise in metal cutting operations, tooling, fixturing and CNC equipment, including material handling with automated systems (robotics or others)
• Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including CNC processes, robotics, assembly, and testing preferred
• Understanding and demonstrated use of Lean Manufacturing concepts (i.e. value stream mapping, single piece flow, 5S)
• Demonstrable experience with a “total cost” approach of manufacturing, design for manufacture and costing mechanical components and assemblies
• Ability to understand all other departments requirements/functions to be able to work cross-functionally to blend solutions, to create a teamwork environment and complete projects.
• Ability to analyze data, reach conclusions and provide recommendations
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
• Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
• Must pass background check and drug screen
• Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
• Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
• Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
• Developing Direct Reports and Others – Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
• Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
• Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
• Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
•Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology or 10 years’ experience in an engineering position
- Office/Manufacturing environment - PPE required in specific areas
- Incidental proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical currents, oils and chemicals.
- Moderate exposure to fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Required as needed
Safety Sensitive Position: Yes
This position performs tasks or duties that could affect the health or safety of Kimray employees or other individuals and has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.