Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Dependability, Determination, Diligence, Flexibility, Initiative, Responsibility, Truthfulness
Job Summary: Manages all procurement activities for assigned commodities in support of all business units. Develops, coordinates and supports strategic procurement strategies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches purchasing sources; validates and approves, with engineering and quality, a sourcing strategy to ensure a risk mitigation for supply chain
- Monitors supplier performance and assists in efforts for improvement in delivery, cost and quality
- Achieves cost savings/productivity and reviews open issues (weekly)
- Supports product team to align engineering, quality, project managers and supply chain needs
- Facilitates project intake, defines project requirements, coordinates project priorities and solves project problems
- Serves as point of contact for internal and external customers in identifying business needs, sourcing requirements and general supplier inquiries
- Studies and investigates purchasing methods and recommends alternative goods of parts and processes when needed
- Recommends new or revised procurement procedures
- Assists with training buyers and purchasing assistant
- Participates in efforts to reduce inventory and supports goals to improve cash flow
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participate in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- 8+ years’ experience in procurement or materials management
- CPM-Certified Purchasing Manager or CPSM-Certified Professional in Supply Management or CPIM-Certified in Production and Inventory Management preferred
- Buying experience with domestic casting sources preferred
- Proficient in MRP/ERP Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadline and work under time constraints
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to interact with Executive Management and participate in cross-functional teams
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- May require 25-50% travel
Safety Sensitive Position: No
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.