Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Boldness, Decisiveness, Discretion, Flexibility, Loyalty, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Job Summary: The Project Manager works inter-departmentally overseeing all aspects of assigned project. Ensuring scope and direction of projects are maintained and on schedule.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitates project intake, defines project requirements, coordinates project priorities and solves project problems
- Develops and refines project plans specifying goals, resources, scheduling risks and contingency plans
- Develops new and unique solutions to help Kimray establish project methodologies
- Identifies and plans solutions for risks to road blocks that impede project completion or availability
- Implements approved actions and workarounds to mitigate risk
- Measures project performance, against established targets
- Manages changes to project scope, schedule and costs ensuring project plan is accurate, updated and reflective of changes
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with other departments and organizations to recognize and actively manage associated dependencies
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5 years’ experience in Project Management
- Current PMP Certification required or ability to obtain within one year of employment
- MS Office experience required
- Microsoft Project preferred
- Must have high analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others – Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Quality or Engineering required
- MBA preferred
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
This position is only available to current full-time Kimray employees.
Current full-time Kimray employees must complete an Internal job application in order to be considered.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.