Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Creativity, Decisiveness, Diligence, Discernment, Endurance, Initiative, Responsibility
Job Summary: Responsible for revising and sustaining existing product throughout the product lifecycle for the purposes of product enhancement, improved manufacturability, cost reduction and/or suitability for new and developing markets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews and updates products throughout the product lifecycle
- Provides guidance for new projects and new equipment design
- Reviews design specifications to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations
- Supports engineering, sales, manufacturing and supply chain in technical guidance
- Works with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to determine design and manufacturing acceptance criteria, manufacturing feasibility and processes, testing and implementation
- Leads and/or participates in peer design testing procedures for product validation
- Conducts part/assembly failure analysis and participates in root cause analysis
- Interacts with sales staff and customers to determine product requirements
- Reviews and approves engineering changes as related to product design and manufacturing
- Applies risk-based decision making to evaluate product or process changes
- Assists supply chain when evaluating and selecting vendors
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in product design or product engineering preferred
- Experience with CAD software required
- Experience with design of durable goods preferred
- Energy industry experience preferred
- Experience in maintaining design requirements according to published standards such as ASME, ANSI, API, etc preferred
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to manage projects
- Must have a strong working knowledge of manufacturing technologies
- Must have proficiency in computer and technological skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Intellectual Horsepower – Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Creativity – Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering or technology field required
- Office Environment
- Engineering Lab
- Occasional warehouse environment and related noise volume
- PPE required in specific areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.