Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Attentiveness, Determination, Discretion, Flexibility, Orderliness, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Job Summary: The Floor Care Technician is responsible for the appearance and maintenance of all Kimray floors, including carpet, tile, VCT, ceramic tile, and warehouse floors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs routine spot and scheduled maintenance cleaning on carpet, tile, and VCT surfaces in offices, conference rooms and commissary areas
- Uses high speed and low speed buffers to strip, wax and polish flooring
- Sweeps and scrubs warehouse/production aisle ways
- Removals trash from the warehouse and commissaries - daily
- Empties general paper recycle bins – per schedule
- Follows proper safety protocols and departmental procedures
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1 year’ floor care experience preferred
- Ability to use a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, scissor lift, floor scrubbers, and carpet extractors
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Patience – Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Exposure to seasonal cold and heat
- Potential for skin exposure to oils, greases, adhesives, paints, and other chemicals
- Frequent exposure to oscillating movement of extremities or whole body, proximity to mechanical parts, moving vehicles and electrical currents
- Continuous exposure to atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system
- PPE required in specific areas
- Continuous standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Capable of lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
Safety Sensitive Position: Yes
This position performs tasks or duties that could affect the health or safety of Kimray employees or other individuals and has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.