Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Attentiveness, Availability, Boldness, Decisiveness, Patience, Resourcefulness, Responsibility
Job Summary: Provides technical assistance and requests for quotes (RFQ’s) to Kimray international distributors and customers, regarding product applications, troubleshooting, and the array of questions concerning materials, specifications, and product function.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to telephone, email, and live-chat questions concerning product applications, trouble-shooting, materials, specifications, product function and valve sizing
- Creates daily log of customer calls and problem resolution by country
- Requests special codes and provides quotes (RFQ’s) from international inquiries
- Produces technical documents for customers (drawings, diagrams, etc.)
- Prepares technical documents reflecting international equipment installations
- Assists in coordinating international certifications with other departments
- Offers product recommendations and proposes timely solutions
- Prepares and conducts trainings for distributors, customers, and internal personnel
- Travels to assist in trade shows and offsite training
- Provides cooperative support to the Engineering Department in testing and troubleshooting
- Participates in conference calls with International Teams
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience with Kimray products and applications of Kimray products
- Completion of the KSS Training Program preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
- Knowledgeable in ISA documents and standards preferred
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage projects
- Must have intermediate computer and technological skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Office Environment
- Field environment which may result in exposure to elevated noises, moving parts, electrical currents and chemicals - possible
- PPE required in specific areas
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Limited travel required
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.