Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Boldness, Decisiveness, Discretion, Justice, Persuasiveness, Self-control, Truthfulness
Job Summary: The Security Officer is responsible for securing Kimray premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
Essential Job Functions:
- Patrols Kimray campus and facilities providing protection against violations of all Federal, State, City of Oklahoma City laws or ordinances, and Kimray policies
- Responds to calls for assistance including general information, alarms, emergency medical aid and safety accidents
- Contacts and requests assistance from appropriate emergency responders and law enforcement authorities when needed
- Monitors Kimray security cameras, fire alarms and panic alarms
- Documents activities by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities in written reports
- Maintains hours of duty to meet the needs of the department
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ related experience required
- CLEET Armed Security License preferred
- Emergency Medical Responder Certification preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal laws related to key areas of responsibility
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, courtesy, and diligence of service
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have intermediate computer and technological skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Managing Diversity – Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Office/Manufacturing Environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Potential exposure to body fluid/secretions requiring latex gloves usage
- Extreme temperatures for more than an hour possible
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
Safety Sensitive Position: Yes
This position performs tasks or duties that could affect the health or safety of Kimray employees or other individuals and has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.