Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Determination, Diligence, Flexibility, Orderliness, Punctuality, Responsibility, Thoroughness
Job Summary: Drives the improvement of plant reliability and champions asset health improvement plans by implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance, Root Cause and Failure Modes & Effects Analysis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Governance of Asset Health Evaluation processes which include equipment listing, asset hierarchy governance, asset criticality and maintenance strategies
- Evaluates failure data and makes recommendations for adjustment to equipment maintenance strategies
- Assess maintenance strategies to determine added value; makes corrective recommendations as required
- Identifies and prioritizes Reliability Excellence value creation opportunities
- Owns the Bad Actor identification, quantification and elimination process
- Serves as lead for RCM activities
- Champions Maintenance and Reliability RCA/RMS’s through facilitation, participation and execution of identified items
- Champions asset health improvement and production process stability
- Drives consistent application of RCM’s/RCA’s
- Provides technical support for maintenance planners and reliability coordinators regarding maintenance effectiveness
- Performs evaluation of critical spares and interfaces with storerooms
- Writes and executes Maintenance and Reliability Capital projects
- Works inter-departmentally to support company projects
- Leads Reliability Excellence activities and initiatives
- Conducts Reliability Excellence sustainability assessments and follow-ups
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 10 years’ experience in production maintenance required
- 10 years’ experience in project management required
- 5 years’ supervisory experience required
- Strong working knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, mass/material balance and process design required
- Working knowledge of predictive maintenance technologies (vibration, infrared, ultrasound, tribology) required
- Prior experience investigating, presenting, creating and implementing new concepts
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Ability to handle high level tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Confronting Direct Reports – Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Managing Diversity – Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Machine Maintenance Supervisor Production Support Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems, Engineering or other similar Engineering discipline required
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional travel required
Safety Sensitive Position: Yes
This position performs tasks or duties that could affect the health or safety of Kimray employees or other individuals and has been designated as Safety Sensitive.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.