Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Availability, Dependability, Determination, Diligence, Honor, Responsibility, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The IT Help Desk Support Technician is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to all Kimray employees as related to IT software and systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors and maintains midrange and support systems
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software issues
- Monitors and addresses Help Desk requests and routes them to the appropriate department for resolution
- Troubleshoots and resolves PC and MAC software and hardware issues
- Tracks and maintains status of IT assets and software
- Provides instructions and support to Kimray personnel on supported software applications
- Works with programmers to address reoccurring system issues
- Improves departmental procedures for maintaining a stable system
- Monitors networks and server system status and troubleshoot issues as necessary
- Installs and replaces computers, printers, monitors and other related equipment
- Maintains phone systems at multiple locations
- Deploys and configures endpoint computing hardware
- Performs monthly procedures and backups of midrange systems
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1 year experience required
- A+ Certification within 12 months of employment - required
- Demonstrated computer and technological skills including basic networking, Windows PCs, Macs, Microsoft Office, web applications, etc.
- Experience with ERP software such as Infor XA preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills-Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Learning on the Fly- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Time Management- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Priority Setting-Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Action Oriented- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Approachability- Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Listening- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Associate Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Heightened visual and audio senses
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.