Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Availability, Creativity, Discretion, Enthusiasm, Persuasiveness, Thoroughness, Tolerance
Job Summary: The Instructional Designer will work with training team, key stakeholders and subject matter experts to create custom training solutions for online learning modules and instructor-led training guides with supporting materials while following an instructional design process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers customized text images, video and audio training solutions
- Conducts needs assessments, defines project goals, objectives and milestones; develops content and provides timely updates and reviews
- Develops training curriculum using ADDIE Model or other industry accepted instructional design standards and models
- Develops sound Level 2 and 3 evaluation/assessments for instructor led training and online learning content
- Designs curriculum to include meaningful course interactions, gamifications, quizzes and assessments that meet the needs of adult learners
- Remains current on trends and advancements in training, adult learning and curriculum design and delivery
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Instructional Designer
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and Adobe Captivate
- Must have excellent instructional design and project management skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Ability to manage projects
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Creativity – Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Presentation Skills – Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on- one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Office environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.