Desired Character Qualities: Decisiveness, Discernment, Humility, Loyalty, Persuasiveness, Truthfulness, Virtue, Wisdom
Job Summary: Plans, develops, and implements Kimray’s safety strategy and associated programs in partnership with key stakeholders to create a safe, healthy, and incident free work environment. Ensures the company maintains compliance with internal policies, federal, state, and local laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and implements specific and measurable risk management objectives that support the company in achieving safety performance excellence
- Supports executive management in defining the roles and responsibilities of company-wide safety programs
- Ensures that assessments, audits, and inspections are carried out at regular intervals and appropriate key performance indicators are identified, measured, and maintained
- Mentors other safety professionals in the areas of local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules and regulations. Keeps up to date on new and proposed regulatory changes
- Oversees and provides support for the company safety training programs, policies, and procedures. Responds to company distributorship inquiries regarding safety processes and training materials
- Investigates or oversees the investigation of incidents and near miss/hits and performs root cause analysis
- Provides KPI reports to top management on the outcome of all health, safety and environmental activities
- Oversees the administration of the company’s safety awards/incentive programs
- Works with department managers/supervisors to offer employee mentoring, coaching and guidance in making safe choices while working to foster an incident and injury free workplace
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Safety Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 10+ years’ experience in related position required
- CSHO (Certified Safety and Health Official) preferred
- ASP (Associate Safety Professional) preferred
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) preferred
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have intermediate computer and technological skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Ability to lead others and manage schedules
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Decision Quality– Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Strategic Agility– Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Directing Others – Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Confronting Direct Reports – Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Composure– Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
HSE Coordinator HSE Administrative Assistant
HSE Compliance Specialist
- Bachelor in Industrial Safety required
- Master’s Degree in Environmental or Industrial Safety preferred
- Office Environment
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.