Desired Character Qualities: Decisiveness, Dependability, Determination, Flexibility, Humility, Initiative, Patience, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Sales BI Manager will lead and support the demand team by coordinating demand meetings and managing the forecast software while using analytical/statistical skills, experience and cross functional partnerships to continuously improve forecast accuracy. This manager will also be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and implementation of all sales reports to help support the Sales and Marketing team evaluate business development strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages and supports the forecasting sofware
- Creates, analyzes and adjusts statistical forecast based on changes in demand and market trends
- Works with the Sales and Marketing team to determine report requirements
- Analyzes existing manual reports and identifies opportunities for automation
- Develops, implements and maintains metrics, reports, and dashboards for Sales team
- Provides information and analysis essential for sales planning and strategy development
- Analyzes history of sales for product lines and current market conditions to present data to sales team for future business strategy
- Identifies new correlating data sets to improve the sales forecast
- Works with the Technology team to integrate new data into the forecasting system to determine data quality, correlation and feasibility to improve the sales forecast
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5-8 years’ experience in related field required
- Tableau experience preferred
- John Galt Atlas platform experience preferred
- Must have statistical, analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management skills
- Must have computer and technological skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others – Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- Bachelor’s Degree required-(Information Technology; Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics preference)
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.