Desired Character Qualities: Decisiveness, Dependability, Flexibility, Orderliness, Punctuality, Patience, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Job Summary: Ensures daily functions and procedures of warehouse, distribution and shipping run smoothly and efficiently.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews daily shipping requirements, pulls and prepares orders for shipping and/or pickup
- Provides service to will call customers
- Receives and stocks incoming inventory
- Performs daily inventory cycle count
- Performs electronic inventory stock adjustments as needed
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ Warehouse experience required
- Must have basic computer and technological skills
- Ability to work independently, manage time and prioritize projects
- Ability to operate Scales, Computers, Hoists, Printers, Scissor lifts, Hand trucks, Wrap machines, Fork Lift and Pallet Jack
- Must have proficient computer and technological skills (AS400 & XA)
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Boss Relationships – Responds and relates well to bosses; would work harder for a good boss; is open to learning from bosses who are good coaches and who provide latitude; likes to learn from those who have been there before; easy to challenge and develop; is comfortably coachable.
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Office/Warehouse – PPE required in specific areas
- Potential proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical currents, oils and chemicals
- Potential exposure to fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- Extreme temperatures for more than an hour possible
- Consistently elevated noise levels in work area
- Continuous walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.