Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Dependability, Flexibility, Orderliness, Patience, Responsibility, Thoroughness, Truthfulness
Job Summary: The Equipment Technician is responsible for maintaining all Kimray non-tagged wheeled equipment through regular maintenance and service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs scheduled maintenance of all Kimray hydraulic equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, pallet jacks and electric carts
- Performs routine diagnostics on equipment electrical systems, LPG propane systems and generators
- Completes Repair Orders provided by the Service Writer
- Maintains security and accountability for all tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ experience in related field required
- Vocational training required
- Experience with wheeled equipment repair preferred
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and accomplish objectives with minimal insight
- Must have proficient computer and technological skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills– Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Creativity– Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Patience – Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vehicle service/repair shop environment
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures for more than an hour possible
- Must be willing to maintain hours of duty to meet the needs of the department and available for counsel.
- Repetitive use of hands
- Occasional stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching and bending
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.