Job Title: 1st Shift Inventory Control Supervisor
Department: Inventory Control
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Boldness, Decisiveness, Discretion, Flexibility, Loyalty, Truthfulness, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for managing physical inventory and cycle counts of all Kimray warehouses. Maintains inventory system accuracy and supports other departments in meeting transactional needs. Supervises and supports the activities of all Inventory Specialists.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures the accuracy of perpetual inventory at all Kimray locations
- Conducts regular internal audits of inventory to verify accuracy
- Completes annual physical inventory counts for all locations
- Performs daily inventory cycle counts at Headquarters location
- Processes all inventory adjustment transactions daily
- Works with executive, managers, and employees to ensure proper controls are maintained
- Maintains employee and departmental records and reports, to include time and attendance
- Performs employee evaluations and character recognitions
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in related position preferred
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent ability to manage projects, meet deadlines and work under time constraints
- Must have strong computer and technological skill
- Must be proficient with verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Ability to operate Scales, Hoists, Scissor Lifts and Forklift
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others – Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Approachability– Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Inventory Control Specialist
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Office Environment
- Warehouse/Shop floor – PPE required in specific areas
- Repetitive use of hands
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 lbs.
- Minimum once a month to conduct physical inventory
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.