Desired Character Qualities: Alertness, Cautiousness, Decisiveness, Flexibility, Orderliness, Persuasiveness, Responsibility, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Production Scheduler I is responsible for reviewing Material Requirements Planning (MRP), capacity needs and assembly schedules to meet planning requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily analysis of MRP/ERP production status
- Plans and establishes a schedule for the release of assembly department ordersMonitors material inventories and reviews factors which impact schedules by responding to Exceptions Messages
- Monitors and maintains production routing and lead time to verify accuracy
- Researches errors and discrepancies to assembly schedule
- Works with production supervisors and Supply Chain to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders
- Coordinates with production, material handling, purchasing, engineering and customer service, when required, to expedite changes to assembly delivery schedules based on material availability, assembly capacity and constraints
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing or production scheduling and execution concepts, practices, and procedures preferred
- CPIM Certification in Production and Inventory Management is preferred
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have intermediate computer and technological skills
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Decision Quality– Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Priority Setting– Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Organizing– Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Planning– Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Negotiating– Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Office environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.