Desired Character Qualities: Attentiveness, Boldness, Decisiveness, Discretion, Flexibility, Loyalty, Truthfulness, Thoroughness
Job Summary: The Environmental Health and Safety Manager provides strategic support in the development and implementation of health, safety and environmental objectives, policies, procedures, and programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides technical expertise and consultation to management to promote and implement health, safety and environmental (HSE) programs
- Directs and arranges the development of HSE programs needed to meet company objectives
- Works with production and other business functions on HSE strategic activities and disseminates organization wide HSE strategies and HSE improvement program
- Ensures that all HSE programs are in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local safety regulations
- Provides technical expertise that promotes and coordinates the integration of HSE management and sustainability issues into policies, rules, products, and operations
- Participates and oversees the investigation of incidents that affect people, property, or environment
- Monitors investigations of all incidents to ensure accurate corrective actions are assigned, ensuring incident information is communicated to facility management to prevent recurrence
- Provides leadership with timely safety statistics including accident/injury trending and other compliance reports
- Devise, develop and monitor effective Risk Assessment management strategies and make recommendations on the implementation of these strategies
- Provide training for staff in relation to HSE policies, practice and procedures
- Develop staff competencies in policies / procedures, risk assessment, project management and communication
- Manage, mentor and lead HSE personnel in providing Health Safety and Environmental functions to support the business operations
- Maintain compliance with HSE policies and regulations across multiple facilities in US
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, EPA, ODEQ, and all environmental regulations to include: SPCC (Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure), Tier II, Form R, and SWP3 (Storm Water Pollution and Prevention Plan)
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health Safety and Environmental team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 8-10 years’ experience in HSE required
- Professional Certifications (CSHO, OHST, GSP, ASP, CSP, CHMM) preferred
- Working knowledge of US HSE related regulations and industry standards (NFPA, ASME, ANSI, OSHA, EPA, etc.) applicable to the energy industry required
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 14001, 45001 and OHSAS 18001 standards required
- Related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have intermediate computer and technological skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Capable of effectively presenting information to internal and external groups
- Must have some basic equipment operational knowledge
- Ability to lead others and manage schedules
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others – Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Approachability– Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Safety and Environmental Technician
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Environmental required
- Office Environment – PPE required in specific areas
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.