Desired Character Qualities: Decisiveness, Dependability, Determination, Flexibility, Humility, Initiative, Patience, Thoroughness
Job Summary: Identifies high-level functional and technical requirements including software, hardware and communications to support Kimray requirements and interfaces.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops, implements, and supports applications and sites in various scripting languages
- Writes code, tests, and debugs software applications
- Manages, monitors and maintains company databases
- Analyzes and develops system and web applications
- Assists in the development and analysis of application architecture
- Maintains database backup and recovery infrastructure
- Analyzes and develops applications between software and hardware across technology boundaries
- Provides support for customized software packages, to include development, modification, reporting, repairing and analyzing
- Advises on developmental decisions, system capabilities and requirements
- Recommends system changes and enhancements
- Documents software specifications and trains users
- Delivers AS400 on-call support
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or a Health and Environmental Safety team member
- Participates in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience or combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of AS400, PHP, ASP.Net Web forms, ASP.Net MVC and C#.Net,
- Must have analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have advanced computer and technological skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and evaluate issues to determine solutions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Possess good organizational and time management skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Functional/Technical Skills-Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Learning on the Fly- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Problem Solving- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Time Management-Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; get more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Perseverance- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Patience- Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
- Self-Development- Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- Office Environment
- Repetitive use of hands
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.